Sunday, July 1, 2012

What my kids will say

No, you did not read that wrong, I did mention my and kids in the same sentence! 
Now you can faint. :) 


This past week with being all domestic and stuff I realized I kind of like making things by hand and/or scratch. They taste so much better and you appreciate it more since you were the one who spent the time making the whole thing. While at work I had this weird though. "It would be so cool if when my kids came home from playing at someone else's house or sleeping over and they tell me "Mom! Did you know you can buy (some baked good that you wouldn't think of making, like marshmallows) at the store!" I know I'm weird that way.  Yes I do make my own marshmallows, I can't stand the store bought stuff and the homemade is really to die for. I will have to do a tutorial on that sometime closer to the holidays. 
I feel much more accomplished now that I can boil chicken, I have fears of touching uncooked meat so putting chicken into a pot and cooking it, I want a gold star for it too. It is the little things that you can do that can shoot you to the moon when you do them well. Chris' mom Carol said that I am now the official soup maker for the family because of the soup that I made. Yeah it kind of made my night. 


Thank you for reading
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment