Sunday, July 8, 2012

Apartment Hunting

I never knew how hard it would be to find apartments that you like, in your price range and that aren't too far from work that it's pointless to move there since all of your money is eaten up in gas. 
We also have to find a place that can take Jasper my dog. My parents keep reminding me that I'll be taking him with me when I leave but I secretly think they will ask me to keep him with them since a dog that big shouldn't be in an apartment. I also think they are kind of attached to him too. It makes them feel safer knowing that something will bark and growl at people when they come to the door. 


So here is my question. What are some do's and don'ts of apartment shopping and deciding on what to get?


No I've never lived on my own, I'm that quintessential geek living in my parents basement. 


Thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing your advise. 
~Mary

2 comments:

  1. Don't live where someone smoked. You can never get rid of the stench. It really depends on what area you're looking to stay at and if you're looking to buy a home in the next few years. If you're going to be buying a home in the next year, then I'd say get the cheapest thing you can find. If not, then go for something that is a little classier. It's hard deciphering where the best place to live is. Sometimes it comes down to prayer and divine inspiration. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would look for a duplex or a small house if you are taking your dog with you. Last time I looked I found a duplex at the same prize of an appartment

    ReplyDelete