Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Side Note

I also wanted to put in a little plug about my Special Olympics Volleyball team. 
We had our first ever state games on Friday February 3 and we were placed in Division 2, for those that don't know volleyball it's the second highest group to be put in.  And my amazing team came in 2nd place.  They were freakin awesome!!

I know I should have mentioned something about it after we won but I didn't sleep the night before because of nerves and then I had to take some sleeping pills that night in order to get up for work the next morning at 4:15 am so I really needed sleep but I really wanted to update this blog too. 

And because of that amazing team some of the team members are looking to put a team together to play at my rec center in our adult volleyball league. I kind of want to be in on the team, if they will have me because after coaching volleyball I actually get it this time around.  Really wished I had a coach like Barry to teach me how to play the game for real when I was younger because I probably would have gone out for some teams while I was in school. But really I wasn't even 5 feet by the time I went into Jr. High and everyone who was on the volleyball team was, to me, close to 6 feet tall. 

But once again Yay for my awesome Hartvigsen Howlers!!!!!!

~Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment