Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone one!
With this holiday it is probably the last holiday Chris and I will have to spend as close to single as we are. Yes there are still more coming up but we've always spent those ones together.  I think Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are the main family holidays, if you get what I mean.  Those are the holidays that if you bring someone to it then you are serious about them.  Yes Chris and I have seen each other on those Holidays but our families schedules are pretty similar to each others so that makes it difficult to celebrate with each other. 


I'm curious how others celebrate their holidays evenly with their in-laws? I don't want to step on any toes and Chris and I have discussed this to a point but we really can't make a decision until we are actually married.  Even after we are married those decisions will change once children come into play.  Crap I said children, now I have to have them. *sighs* 


I hope everyones holiday was relaxing and enjoyable. 


Thank you for reading
~Mary

1 comment:

  1. We take turns for the major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you have married siblings, it always helps to get on their schedule right way. If you don't, then you can set the schedule now. Since we're both from Salt Lake, one family gets Christmas Eve and the other family gets Christmas Day. For Thanksgiving, we always have a dinner on Thanksgiving and then one later on the weekend with the family we didn't get to see on Thanksgiving. So far it's worked out pretty good, but each side has one sibling and spouse that insist on spending EVERY holiday with the in-laws. That messes everything up. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete