Sunday, August 12, 2012

Failure to communicate

This has nothing to do with Chris and I but more along the lines of my families lack of communication skills.  I know that getting married older I'm not necessarily wiser than other brides but I have gone through a little bit more of life so not everything is all polished and new looking to my eyes.  Let's face it, I've become jaded due to my line of work. 
So my older brothers family has practically backed out of the wedding.  Being older you wouldn't think it would hurt so much, yet it does.  I can't up but take it personal.  I know I need to speak to them about this and how much it hurts me because it feels like they don't want to spend time with me.  I know it's one of those languages of love thing and I feel loved when people spend time with me. So by them not spending time with me it feels like to me that they don't love me. I'm not sure if that is their intent with it or that they don't realize that that is how I feel loved by others.
I don't really have a point to this right now, it's just one of those times when you have to get things off of your chest.

Thank you for reading.
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment